Conditions for GoBoat Connect membership
- You must be 18 years or older to become a member of Ocean Collectives.
- All prices displayed are subject to change without notice before a membership is confirmed.
- At the time of booking, you must provide Ocean Collectives with your contact details.
- Otherwise applicable law regarding refunds/returns of online purchases of 14 days, does not apply to boat rental and thus Ocean Collectives.
Requirements upon creating membership and sailing
- Valid passport or picture ID.
- Mobile telephone fully charged is essential onboard. It will have to be switched on during the entire duration of your journey to allow for communication with Ocean Collectives and/or relevant authorities in any case (any emergency).
- Confirmation of your membership.
- If you do not appear to possess the correct documentation or do not meet all relevant requirements of these Use Terms, you will not be to sail the boats.
- Although the boats are insured, the Renter is the primary responsible for any damage to or loss of the boat and its equipment; in case of damage/loss you will have to pay the amount of DKK 6.000 in full or part of depending on the type of damage or loss. The Renter will be held responsible for the actions of the other members in your group as well.
- We strongly recommend that you have adequate personal insurance cover in case of injury.
- The Member is responsible for the boat’s safe navigation and for the actions of each member in your party and you must take all reasonable care. No minor aged under 18 may steer the boat.
- In the event of damage to or breakdown of the boat rendering it inoperable, regardless of the reason, no responsibility can be accepted by Ocean Collectives for loss of time and any other damages or expenses incurred as a result hereof. Ocean Collectives shall not be responsible for the consequence of any delay, restriction or cancellation of boat rentals arising from repairs or damage or other circumstances beyond its control.
- In the case of any accident or damage to the boat: you must notify Ocean Collectives immediately reporting full details and wait for our instructions; no action should be taken on your own initiative. We will take steps to repair the boat as quickly as possible given the circumstances. In situations where it is not possible for Ocean Collectives to repair the boat or remedy the situation immediately Ocean Collectives shall not be responsible for the consequences of delays or cancellation.
- In the case of any accident or damage to any other craft or waterway property you must: record the details (name, model, registration number etc.) of any other boat involved with names, addresses of its owner and witnesses (where applicable) and immediately report the fact to Ocean Collectives with full details.
- No repairs may be put in hand without Ocean Collectives consent.
- We encourage all guests to wear life jackets during the entire journey.
- The boat shall be steered in accordance with the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGS). You must navigate in accordance with current bye-laws and must observe the speed limits at all times. Always keep as much distance as possible to other vehicles on the water.
- It is not allowed to throw trash into the water. You can not take and use on board any gas appliances or portable heaters of any type. Waterpipes and other items with open fire are not allowed on board the boats.
- Irresponsible behavior, such as significant consumption of alcohol, is not allowed by any of the persons on board the boats. Consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden for the persons steering the boat.
- You are only allowed to pee on public toilets. It is strictly forbidden to pee on private property areas and/or onboard the boats.
- It is mandatory to respect the maximum number of passenger permitted on board the boats to comply with laws and regulations: the number of persons indicated for each boat must not be exceeded.
- The boat is never to be left out of sight unless it has been agreed with Ocean Collectives.
- At the end of the sailing period it is your own responsibility to ensure that you collect all your items of personal belongings from the boats; We accept no responsibility for any items left aboard.
- Ocean Collectives reserves the right to terminate memberships, without prior warning, in cases where Ocean Collectives deems the Members actions damaging to the brand of Ocean Collectives.
- Ocean Collectives is not obliged to cover expenses in case of cancellations due to weather conditions or lack of available boats as a result of theft, damages or the like; in case of bad weather or wind, depending on severity, planned hires may be delayed or cancelled (in this case they will be postponed to an available date).
- Ocean Collectives cannot be held responsible for and is not obliged to refund or cover any expenses in case any areas of the harbor is permanently or temporarily shut down due to construction, events or for any other reason.
- Ocean Collectives may at its absolute discretion refuse to hand over a boat or terminate the boat booking in advance where, in the opinion of GoBoat Connect, the Member or any person in the group is likely to cause damage, distress or fails to comply with company rules; in such event Ocean Collectives will be under no obligation to refund any amount.
- Ocean Collectives may at any time refuse or terminate the Member agreement if the above rules are not followed or if Ocean Collectives deems that it is not safe to maintain a membership with the Member.
- In case of delayed return of the boat subject to be charged DKK 200 (EUR ~28) for every 10 minutes of delay.
- It is your responsibility to inform Ocean Collectives if the boat is not back before closing time. Is this not done and Ocean Collectives deems it necessary to start a search for the boat the expenses in connection with this is charged to you.
- All prices are incl. VAT.
- Payment can be made using the following payment methods: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, JCB and American Express as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- In no event shall Ocean Collectives be liable, whether in contract or tort, or otherwise for any incidental, indirect, consequential or unforeseeable loss, damage or expense, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss or corruption of data, however arising, even if advised of the possibility of such loss or damages being incurred.
- The remedies provided in these Use Terms are the exclusive remedies of the Parties.
- If you experience errors or defects in the delivery from Ocean Collectives , please feel free to contact us at email@example.com so we can find a satisfactory solution.
- If it is not possible to find a solution, we are subject to the Consumer Complaints Act from 1 October 2015, subject to the following alternative dispute settlement body:
Center for Complaint Resolution
Competition and Consumer Authority
Carl Jacobsen Vej 35
Consumer complaints can be provided to the Center for Complaint Resolution through the Competition and Consumer Authority’s website on klagonline.forbrug.dk.